€ 37,90 € 35,75 Excl.The book helps you to get started with the library, showing you how to install and deploy the OpenCV library to write effective computer vision applications following good programming practices. The techniques to process an image and its pixels using the data structures offered by the library are explained in detail. You will learn how to build and manipulate an image histogram; how to detect lines and contours. You will be introduced to the concept of mathematical morphology and image filtering. The detection and use of interest points in computer vision is presented with applications for image matching and object recognition. Meer info
€ 37,90 € 35,75 Excl.
Over 90 highly-effective recipes to unleash your creativity with interactive art, graphics, computer vision, 3D, and more
- Explore the Processing language with a broad range of practical recipes for computational art and graphics
- Wide coverage of topics including interactive art, computer vision, visualization, drawing in 3D, and much more with Processing
- Create interactive art installations and learn to export your artwork for print, screen, Internet, and mobile devices
Processing is probably the best known creative coding environment that helps you bridge the gap between programming and art. It enables designers, artists, architects, students and many others to explore graphics programming and computational art in an easy way, thus helping you boost your creativity.
"Processing 2: Creative Programming Cookbook" will guide you to explore and experience the open source Processing language and environment, helping you discover advanced features and exciting possibilities with this programming environment like never before. You'll learn the basics of 2D and 3D graphics programming, and then quickly move up to advanced topics such as audio and video visualization, computer vision, and much more with this comprehensive guide.
Since its birth in 2001, Processing has grown a lot. What started out as a project by Ben Fry and Casey Reas has now become a widely used graphics programming language.
Processing 2 has a lot of new and exciting features. This cookbook will guide you to explore the completely new and cool graphics engine and video library. Using the recipes in this cookbook, you will be able to build interactive art for desktop computers, Internet, and even Android devices! You don't even have to use a keyboard or mouse to interact with the art you make. The book's next-gen technologies will teach you how to design interactions with a webcam or a microphone! Isn't that amazing?
"Processing 2: Creative Programming Cookbook" will guide you to explore the Processing language and environment using practical and useful recipes.
What you will learn from this book
- Draw expressive shapes and images in 2D and 3D and get inspiration for your creativity
- Extend the possibilities with Processing using libraries that help you create interactive computational art
- Play and control video files using some of the coolest recipes with unmatched techniques
- Visualize music and even live audio
- Build basic tools for audio visual performances
- Interact with computers using a webcam
- Create interactive applications for your Android devices
A cookbook with a broad sweep of the topic, through lots of practical and useful recipes that are fun to read and do.
Who this book is written for
This book targets creative professionals, visual artists, designers, and students who have a starting knowledge of the Processing Development environment and who want to discover the next level of Processing. Anyone with a creative practice who wants to use computation in their design process. A basic understanding of programming is assumed. However, this book is also recommended to the non-artistic, looking to expand their graphics and artistic skills.Meer info