DELIVER HIGH-VALUE VIRTUAL DESKTOP INFRASTRUCTURE AND A SUPERIOR USER EXPERIENCE
Companies that have already realized the benefits of VMware server virtualization are now discovering that VMware View 5 offers equally powerful opportunities on the client side. VMware View 5 is a comprehensive enterprise-class solution. But, until now, crucial information about it has been scattered throughout dozens of technical documents. In VMware View 5, leading desktop virtualization expert Paul O'Doherty combines this critical information with deep insights and best practices from his extensive enterprise deployment experience.
O'Doherty walks through every step, from the earliest planning phases through configuration, implementation, and management. He addresses important considerations ranging from changes to end-user experience through support and performance management. You'll learn how to plan and smoothly stage virtual desktop infrastructure deployments, and avoid pitfalls associated with latency, scalability, storage, and networking.
Whether you're an architect, system administrator, or virtualization consultant, this guide's proven techniques can help you dramatically improve IT productivity as you build environments that are far more flexible and easier to manage.
- Understanding the business value of desktop virtualization, and how VMware View delivers it
- Engaging end users in the process of delivering desktop services
- Using vSphere virtual infrastructure to add even more value to the virtual desktop
- Properly installing and configuring VMware View environments, including View Persona
- Virtualizing applications with ThinApp
- Building and tuning virtual desktops for optimal performance
- Managing ThinApp packages and pools in complex enterprise environments
- Protecting virtualized desktops against malware with VMware vShield EndPoint
- Delivering a rich, high-performance user experience
- Using Offline Desktops to serve tablets and other mobile devices
- Migrating from older versions of View
- Providing high availability and addressing single points of failure
- Monitoring and actively managing virtual desktops by integrating vCenter Operations Manager with VMware View Adapter