Teach yourself the fundamentals of working with Visual Basic 2008- one step at a time. With STEP BY STEP, you work at your own pace through hands-on, learn-by-doing exercises. Whether you're a beginning programmer or new to this specific language, you'll understand the core capabilities and fundamental techniques for Visual Basic 2008- and rapidly build robust, elegant applications. Each chapter puts you to work, showing you how, when, and why to use the latest features of Visual Basic- guiding you each step of the way as you create actual components and working applications for Windows. You'll also explore data management and Web-based development topics. PLUS- get practice files with sample code and data sets on the companion CD.
- Work in the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Master essential techniques-from managing data and variables to using inheritance and dialog boxes
- Create professional-looking UIs; add visual effects and print support
- Build professional Web features with the Visual Web Developer tool
- Use Microsoft ADO.NET and advanced data presentation controls
- Debug your programs and handle runn-time errors
- Use new features, such as Query Builder, and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5