Your hands-on, step-by-step guide to learning the fundamentals of SQL Server Analysis Services.
Teach yourself to create, manage, and share online analytic processing (OLAP) cubes - one step at a time. Whether you're a developer, administrator, or business user, this practical, learn-by-doing tutorial shows you how to start producing the business intelligence solutions your organization needs.
Discover how to:
- Build an analysis Services Database using Business intelligence Development Studio (BIDS)
- Design, deploy, browse, and modify OLAP cunes
- Use Multidimensional Expressions (MDX)
- Speed query response time with aggregations
- Make cubes interactive with URL adn drillthrough actions
- Enable financial analysis and globalization
- Retrieve data and create reports
- Implement role-based security
- Manage and monitor Analysis Services databases