XenApp is the leader in application hosting and virtualization delivery, allowing users from different platforms such Windows, Mac, Linux, and mobile devices to connect to their business applications. Using XenApp, you can deploy secure applications quickly to thousands of users. XenApp 6.5 brings with it exciting new features such as a brand new management console, Instant App access, Multi-stream ICA, Single Sign-on and SmartAuditor enhancements, and more.
Getting Started with Citrix XenApp 6.5 provides comprehensive details on how to design, implement, and maintain Citrix farms based on XenApp 6.5. Additionally, you will learn to use management tools and scripts for daily tasks such as managing servers, published resources, printers, and connections.
Getting Started with Citrix XenApp 6.5 starts by introducing the basics and new features of the brand new version such as installing servers and configuring components, and then teaches you how to publish applications and resources on the client device before moving on to configuring content redirection.
- New features and system requirements of XenApp 6.5
- The XenApp Architecture and designing XenApp 6.5 Farms
- Covers exciting new features in XenApp 6.5 such as Role-based Setup Wizard, Session Pre-Launch (Instant App Access), Citrix AppCenter management console, Citrix Receiver and Citrix Dazzle, and more
- Install XenApp 6.5 and configure XenApp 6.5 components
- Manage XenApp components and Citrix Administrators using the new Citrix Delivery Services Console and other Management tools -
- Publish and manage applications and resources, including application streaming
- Create and apply Citrix Policies to control connections, security, and bandwidth settings using the Group Policy Management Console, Citrix Delivery - Services Console, and Local Group Policy Editor.
- Optimize multimedia content on XenApp using Citrix HDX technologies
- Manage session environments and connections
- Secure, optimize and monitor XenApp Farms
- Deploy XenApp 6.5 on Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V, and VMware ESX virtual machines
- Unattended installation of XenApp 6.5 on physical servers.
If you are a system administrator or consultant who wants to implement and administer Citrix XenApp 6.5 farms, then this book is for you. This book will help both new and experienced XenApp professionals to deliver virtualized applications.